Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSPICE: Vth variation with time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmrkushal

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am trying to model NBTI effects in PMOS(Just starting with Basic model of change of vth = k*((t)^(1/6))

For this I want to change Vth at each Time step of .tran evaluation.
I tried the following:
.param k = '0.1/((3*365*24*60*60)^(1/6))'
.param vth = '-0.5808 - (k*((TIME)^(1/6)))'
m2 vd 0 vd vd pmos L=40nm W=500nm
v2 vd 0 1.0V
.tran 1s 1e8
.probe I(m2) lv9(m2)

I have change in model file
+VTH0 = vth

But nothing is happening and Vth value is remaining constant

Would be of much help to me if anybody can point to a solution

Regards
Kushal

Have you looked into MOSRA (MOS reliability analysis for Hspice)?

Have you looked into MOSRA (MOS reliability analysis for Hspice)?

I tried it once but it was not doing anything specific.
Actually I dont know whether for MOSRA do we require a special license and if my University has it or not?
Also the documentation on MOSRA was not helping me a lot.

I was able to solve the problem by using DELVTO in MOS definitions.

A few things to keep in mind, when simulating NBTI:

1. the power factor (1/6 in your equation) is something that is not very well defined or known, it can vary anywhere between ~0.1 and ~0.5 depending on NBTI characterization methodology, process, etc. A "classical" value is 0.25, but other values are observed equally frequently in measurements.

2. The degradation depends not on the total time, but time under stress - which may be different for different PMOS transistor instances.

3. Even identical devices, especially small-size devices, under identical stress conditions may exhibit different amount of degradation, due to the random/statistical nature of degradation (defects and interface states generation). This may be important in circuits sensitive to mismatch.

Max
----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back