Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hspice statement to measure all transistors' Vgs and Vds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spice smash biaschk

Hi,

In hspice testbench, is there a statement that measures any of the transistors going into linear region instead of saturation region ... or measures all transistors' Vds to prevent breakdown by huge Vds?

spice .measure statement

it seems not.but you can see any transistor's parameters,refering to manual of hspice

how to measure vgs

use .OP command you can find the states of all transistors working in DC operation point. and all parameters are included in the output files

hspice command to measure transistor vds

I think HSpice does not have a device check for OP,DC or TR.

To my knowledge Spectre have a simple range check for devices for all relevant simulation modes. I think you have issues with "inline subcircuits" where typical geometric parameters are used. In this case current limits should also be parametric.

Smash support also checks on expressions. This could also be useful for checks for hierachical embedding of subcircuits.

www.arabicd.vd.s.com

Look up the command BIASCHK in the hspice manual.

it does what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.