Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSPICE error message please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravichandar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
time: command terminated abnormally hspice

Hi, I am trying to simulate the ADC i have designed using Hspice. I have a clock running at 20Mhz. i.e a period of 50 ns. I need the simulation to run till 100 milli seconds becuase i am using a current mirror ramp generator for generating a ramp vooltage which requires that much time for producing a ramp output as i am using a 1 uf capacitor for charging.

When i try to simulate in Hspice using .Tran 1n 1m ( i ran it for 1 milli sec with a step of 1 ns) ( i tried a step of 10ns also)

it takes 4-5 hours for simulation and then it stops with an error message saying
**error** error happens when writing waveform for POST=1
time: command terminated abnormally.

Is it because of the memory problem? Can anybody please help how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
RC.

Maybe you should try to cut down on the simulation time to determine whether do you still encounter the same problem.........Hope it helps

I met the same question and didn't know the reason.
Maybe it's not related to simulation time, because my transit time is just 5us with 1ns time step.

I think it is worth a try.

Also, what happen when you do not use the: .option post=1? Do you still face the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.