Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hspice error - memory request exceeds the current available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanth.neo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allocating more memory +hspice

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a complex circuit in hspice and I get the following error in the version 2006 and before:

**error** the memory request exceeds the current available space.
# memory which has been allocated = 1098404 kbytes
# memory in next memory request which fails = 131 kbytes
Please continue by
Step 1: Inspect input file for possible errors in .TRAN
statement or any sources with repeating functions.
Step 2: If other users or jobs are running, wait until
they free up more memory space.
Step 3: Have your system manager enlarge the swap space
on this cpu

***** job aborted

I am trying to simulate a temperature sensor part with eeprom and I2C interface logic. The simulation works fine with 2007.03 version and above. But it takes 2.5 to 3 hours to simulate with huge library files and the part's netlist.

I extracted the netlist from cadence and used a perl script to convert the cdl netlist to hspice netlist.

The designer used verilog behavioral model to test in spectre due to the part's complexity( so I cant get much help from the spectre test bench) but I have to get the hspice model working since I have to use it in an IBIS toolkit to generate its IBIS model.

I would basically like to know the reason for the above error and want to know if there is any solution for that.

Alternatives are also welcome on how to get the IBIS model done for this part.

I cant post any more details or netlist of the part due to copyright issue but I can point to the datasheet on company's website.

http://www.standardics.nxp.com/products/i2c/datasheet/se97.pdf

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.