Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HSpice and Nangate 45nm Open Cell Library 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_usso

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I have a question. When I am using NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2009_07 with Hspice, I am selecting the following file as library.

Code:
.INCLUDE 'C:\synopsys\NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2009_07\technology\models\hspice\hspice_nom.include'

But when using NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2010_12, I can not find that file. What should I select in this case? I have tried to use the following file:

Code:
.INCLUDE 'C:\synopsys\NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2010_12\Back_End\spice\NangateOpenCellLibrary.spi'

But it shows NMOS_VTL not find error.

Which file should I use to include the library?

If the NMOS_VTL was found in the older library, try to include both library files!

Thank you for your reply. When I try to add both the library, it shows the following error:

Code:
hnw error: (c:\users\russo\copy\study thesis\tests\final\not\not.sp:40)
definition INV_X1 redeclared. This was previously declared at
(C:\synopsys\NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2010_12\Back_End\spice\NangateOpenCellLibrary.spi:2232)

Error: (c:\users\russo\copy\study thesis\tests\final\not\not.sp:40) hnw error
# : net error

When I try to add both the library, it shows the following error:

... redeclared. This was previously declared ...

Redeclaration error. So copy the older library to a lib file with a new name, then remove all the models which are already declared in the newer lib file, and again .INCLUDE both libs (the rest lib and the new one).

Or copy the newer lib to a lib file with a new name, and copy and paste the missing models from the older lib into this copied lib file. .INCLUDE just this one.

Reactions: r_usso

r_usso

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello, I have included only the NMOS_VTL and PMOS_VTL from the old library:

Code:

.OPTION POST
.INCLUDE 'C:\synopsys\NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2010_12\Back_End\spice\NangateOpenCellLibrary.spi'
.INCLUDE 'C:\synopsys\NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2009_07\technology\models\hspice\tran_models\models_nom\NMOS_VTL.inc'
.INCLUDE 'C:\synopsys\NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2009_07\technology\models\hspice\tran_models\models_nom\PMOS_VTL.inc'

But Now it shows the following error:

Code:
hnw error: (c:\users\russo\copy\study thesis\tests\final\not\not.sp:39)
definition INV_X1 redeclared. This was previously declared at
(C:\synopsys\NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDKv1_3_v2010_12\Back_End\spice\NangateOpenCellLibrary.spi:2232)

Error: (c:\users\russo\copy\study thesis\tests\final\not\not.sp:39) hnw error
# : net error

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, Problem solved. I had to remove the .subcircuit declaration from my code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back