Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hspice and Cadence Spectra

Status
Not open for further replies.

asueee0

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence spectra

Hspice and Cadence Spectra, what are the differences? My school used Hspice for digital IC class before, but they now use cadence spectra for both analog and digital IC classes.

spectra cadence

Hspice is a tool from Synopsys
Cadence Spectre ( not Spectra) is a tool from Cadence.
They are both circuit simulator but they are different in syntax and device model

asueee0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hspice in cadence

which is better or more accurate? i have hspice, but how to obtain a schematic entry program for hspice?

spectra cardiospin cadence

Hie The last version of Spectre that is included in the IC 4.1.41 package have almost 100% compatibility with hspice netlists for other side you can use the cadence virtuoso schematic editor to create the schematic and generate the netlists and then use hspice to simulate the netlist.
If you uses the option when you genetate the netlist please certify the netlist format that you choose is spice.

Hope this helps

asueee0

cadence spectra viewer

hspice is a standard tool in industry

Added after 3 minutes:

hspice and spectre's accuracy are almost in the same level now

asueee0

sepcctra cadence

how about the RF feature for these two?

asueee0

cadence spectre ssd

hi,

spectre is much better in RF circuit simulation. It covers almost all your need in RF analysis such as the S-parameter, Noise, 1dB-compression, IIP3, etc..., concerning RF design. In hspice, it is quite inconvenient or even infeasible to do these analysis.

In general, hspice is considered the most accurate simulator in AC and transient analysis. So it is better in analog circuit design.

Correct me if there is anything wrong.

encounter cadence+hspice

what is the difference between the hspice in cadence and in synosys?

cadence hspice licence

Each company uses different tools according to their needs.

HSPICE is not available at cadence or Synopsys.

It is a tool by AVANTI

Spectre is a recent tool while HSPICE has been there for a longtime. So people using Cadence are moving to SPectre as it comes in the cadence bundle. They might pay less for the licences

asueee0

cadence spectra rf

but in cadence ic, when chooseing simulator, there are a lot of options, besides spectre, there are also Hspice, and some other.

cadence spectre price

i can use cadence encounter with synopsys prime time

you can use any tool in the asic flow

asueee0

spectre 16080 cadence

asueee0:

The HSPICE in Cadence is a script that let u run HSPICE from Synopsys. So, you will need to have HSPICE simulator installed as well as license set up correctly. You will also need license from Cadence to use the feature to link up with HSPICE simulator.

By the way, Synopsys bought Avanti so HSPICE is owned by Synopsys.

However, in IC5141, Spectre can take HSPICE model but I am not sure of its accuracy as well as efficiency. Love to hear others' opinion on this.

^^

asueee0

what is hspice

epwang or anyone could answer:

so you mean the hspice model is compatible in spectre?

cadenca spectra

U use HSPICE instead of spectre or Spectre instead of HSPICE.

asueee0

user manual for cadence spectra

asueee0:

Yes the Spectre simulation in IC5141 can take HSPICE model, and that was not possible in previous versions (or at least I didn't try in IC5 or 5033).

If you are really curious about the difference in different simulator option in Cadence, I suggest you to go to comp.cad.cadence on Google because there is guy called Andrew Beckett from Cadence who seems to very knowledgable.

vikadik:

I believed you were asking a question; pardon me if i'm wrong. I used HSPICE myself and didn't use Spectre. In IC5141, the Spectre simulator can take model files in HSPICE syntax and runs the simulation.

epwang

Re: user manual for cadence spectra

hi . upto yet i worked with spectre tool for simulation now i'm trying do simulations with HSPICE. where can i get the hspice package.. give me the link for that tool..

thanks in advance....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.