Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP461a amplifier--is it a inverting amplifier??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimjoco

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

Is anyone used hp461a amplifier..it has gain of 20db and 40db..is it an inverting amplifier..I used to amplify an AC ripple of DC converter and it seems it has an inverted signal response.

It's the pulse response shown in the article, that suggests non-inverting operation, also common-sense of instrument design. The block circuit, that describes 5 cascaded common emitter stages would refer to inverted operation, however.

Can't the real behaviour easily determined?

FvM, the article above Fig5 page 2 shown two emitter followers (not common emitters) with a five stage amplifier in the middle

Alex

Edit: you were referring to the 5 stage amplifier not the emitter followers stages I mentioned

i checked in the scope, the amplified sine wave vs. the input sine wave..although the gain is right , they are not in phase..its like they are 180 out of phase...why is that? need expert on amplifiers..thnks

What's your problem with inverting amplifier operation? Does your oscilloscope haven't an "invert" switch?

I previously explained why the HP461A block diagram suggests inverted operation. If you have a service manual with circuit diagram, we can explain more.

ok ..just want to sure that my ripple test with or without a pre amplifier have the same response(one with a gain). The out of phase as you mentioned is only caused by the pre amplifier(hp461a)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back