Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP ZE 4400 laptop- no power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi1965

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hp ze 44oo

I was given one of these laptops to work on that will not power up with battery or the ac adapter. Naturally, I don't have a schematic for it so it is very hard to figure out. I do know that there is voltage at the positive side of the dc jack(19.8)volts and I have followed it to a certain point in the circuit by using continuity on my volt meter. I do see one other thing on the circuit board at location CML2 that has popped off the board and is not making a connection although it doesn't look like it is a major component. Normally with all boards there is always a common problem that goes wrong in the circuit and for problems with no power it is just not feasible to just replace the board as laptop motherboards cost too much. Any help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back