Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP Pavilion dv6000 -blinking lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharan.aiyappa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi sir
i had laptop HP Pavilion dV6000 suddenly i got switched off and only all the light were blink but no display pls help which section of the board has problem

Thanks
Sharan

I actually had a similar issue with an HP Pavilion DV6000, as it turned out there is a known design flaw in many of these units.

Essentially the video section of the unit overheats and eventually burns out.

There was a warrantied recall which covered several models of the DV6000 as well as a firmware download to resolve issues with a cooling fan, unfortunately mine burned out 13 months after purchase and was not covered. HP later denied there was a known issue, I only found the truth after scouring the Internet for possible fixes.

Although I never pursued the matter.There was some discussion of a class action suit to be brought against HP concerning this known design flaw as there were it affected many units.

If this is the issue you are faced with, apart from a motherboard replacement chances are you're out of luck as most if not all of these units are now out of warranty.

After the loss of the laptop, I faced similar issues with an HP desktop system, over a course of a year I eventually replaced everything but the memory and the case.

Needless to say, I'll never purchase another HP laptop or desktop system again.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back