Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How's the sequence of two PSUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enshuo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I've studied a schematic of two PSUs system. Two PSUs link to a same I2C signal (BMC_I2C_SDA) to BMC. So, it should be controlled by BMC. If so, how's the sequence for general design? PSU1 and PSU2 start at the same time or PSU1 first.

Are they identical voltages,
or is it one +5V and the other +3.3V?

Hi all,
I've studied a schematic of two PSUs system. Two PSUs link to a same I2C signal (BMC_I2C_SDA) to BMC. So, it should be controlled by BMC. If so, how's the sequence for general design? PSU1 and PSU2 start at the same time or PSU1 first.

two power supplies, one I2C communication signal and a BMC.
(what's a BMC?)
what are the output voltages of the PSUs?
what voltage levels do the PSUs assume for the I2C connections?
likewise, what voltage level does the BMC assume for the I2C connection?

in general, (but not necessarily) the processor voltages should go on first, then the analog voltages.

please show the schematic

The output voltage is 12V. Two PSUs power-on (PSU1_PWR_ON_N and PSU2_PWR_ON_N) are triggered at the same time by CPLD after checked with a SW engineer. I thought it's controlled by I2C (PSU_PMBUS_SDA) of BMC (AST2500). Thank you, guys!
1593584562950.png
1593584501808.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back