Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how would i decrease the frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hysamir

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having my oscillator running at 100Mhz and i want some signal to be at 1Mhz

how would i go from 100 to 1?

You have two main choices. One is to use a digital divider. The other is to make a separate oscillator at the new frequency.

The Oscillation frequency is a function of the capacitance you have in your oscillator.

If you increase the capacitance in your oscillator,
does the frequency become lower?

The choices mentioned are good. Either used a frequency divider realized with J-K flip-flops or change the capacitor value of your oscillator.

Yeah,its a good idea to use digital divider like divide by 4 circuit. It decreases error also,as you use digital.

don't use two xtal unless you have to. Divided down is the best option

if it is compulsory to use 100MHz oscillator in your circuit,then you have only one option to use digital divider circuit using flipflops to get 1MHz frquency.but it will increase your chip area.so if not compulsory,you should go for new 1MHz oscillator.

u can generate divide by 100 counter using synchronous counter. i think ripple counter may create problem at high frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back