Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How will PC recognize that connected USB device is audio i/o ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish_wabale

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am newbee in this field .I want to Develop USB audio system for that I have decided to use USB to Serial Converter. My problem is How PC will recognize that connected USb device is AUDIO i/o and redirect audio stream to it.

Which format it uses for the audio data.
Do I need to write saperate USb audio drivers for the same???

Thanks in advance

Girish Wabale

USB Audio

Take a look at BurrBrown PCM2702. This is a usb to Audio converter, quite easy to use. Windows does have a usb audio driver. This is loaded during usb enumeration. Download the specs for usb hid devices.

Re: USB Audio

PCM 2707 is not suitable for my application I need to use microcontroller having USB support. So what should i do for the device driver for windows

Girish

USB Audio

Maybe look at the Pic micros with full speed usb. You need to enumerate as a usb adio device when you plug in, then windows will load the right driver. Windows does support usb audio devices.
The place for info is usb.org.

Re: USB Audio

Hey guys, I just saw a USB Audio Controller on **broken link removed**

So, Now I want to make my Own usb Audio Device. So, can any one help me with all the circuit diagram, source for the microcontroller, etc.

Bye,
PRAVARDHAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back