Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how using linux on win-7 without installing it on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shadababe04,

I was recently faced with the same problem having taken on some studies in Computer Forensics and Cybercrime. I use VMWare on my one laptop and VitualBox on another laptop.

This allows me to run:

Ubuntu
Santoku
Forensics Toolkit (FTK)
and Knoppix.

VirtualBox is free when I last checked and can be had from -http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualbox.mirror/?source=directory

VMWare is not but a trial version is available at -http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/workstation-evaluation

Maverick001

You can get boot disks for Ubuntu. That allows you to run it from the disk without installing it on your hard drive. Not sure about other linux distros.

VM Ware will be the ideal option...

You need to install below two softwares...

1. VM WARE PLAYER
2. VM WARE CONVERTER...

Hi shadababe04,

You can try with flash drive like a pendrive, Install the OS on Pendrive when you want plug the pendrive and use it.

Thank You..

how can i practice linux without installing it...any virtual way or online site:roll:

Like it has been said here if you have a PC with more then 8GB ram the best option would be to use VirtualBox, i have used virtualbox in some PCs both with windows and linux has host and never had any problem, on the other hand i used VMware only once on a windows 7 PC, and one day it crashed after rebooting some anoying windows didnt go away but the worst was to uninstall it, it was like trying to take a very big and old leach of your but. Anyway stay away from VMware and if your PC has less than 8 GB use a distro with a live session disk like ubuntu or linux mint, has a last resort you can make a dualboot installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.