Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to write into ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepa

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to write into sram

without using the $readmemb command ,can anyone suggesy how to read data from a rom to a ram...i want to realise this step in the hardware,not to read form a text file n load it...i want to write a code ,such that it depicts the exact manner in which ram's and rom's in our system communicate...how to do this?

model the memory block. then write RTL to generate addr, data, control lines to that memory.

anjali ur correct
can u please give me any simple example codes

You can structurally model the memory with a set of flip flops - that's the maximum extent of hardware representation you can do for the SRAMs because SRAM structures are fairly analog (with bit lines and sense amplifiers). Then use the enables of flops to allow the load value or use output enable to read out of the flops to represent memory function. Hope that clarifies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back