Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to write font for moving message displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyangirojoe

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, im building a moving message display using attiny2313 and 12c eeprom. my problem is that when i start the program (leddisp.exe), then i open the font (basic.ldf) and then click on the "Write font" button, it shows "Writing font" window then nothing happens! please help

I built that project and experienced the same thing, i think Leddisp is a project not finished yet.

pliz there is this member called Electronicus; he said he successfully did the project and it works for him fine.now im reduced to checking out if my serial communication ports are ok. i managed to write the basic.ldf font into eeprom using ponyprog and some eeprom programming circuit i built from discrete components, but now not even the demo is showing.this is for my final paper and im almost frustrated,

Ok, you know the project was built for 90s2313, if you want to use Attiny2313, you will have to modify the code a bit. I'll try and pick it up again and give it a short. If it works i'll post it here.

Hi nyangirojoe,

I have not done it yet but i believe that is a quite simple task.

-Start with string, for star make it as global variable.
-Then do the timing part. Use timer overflow interrupt, try to use as less code lines as you can in timer interrupt function, because if you will write time consuming code to a interrupt function you will get effect when one interrupt will not finish due start of second (other) interrupt.
-Then do the history last position based code... use variable called "last position" ... whatever you like.
-Last part is displaying it ( you can put it into interrupt function )

jokker, im sorry i do not know anything to do with codes, isn't there a simpler way to do it, perhaps some user friendly means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back