Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to write calibre DRC rule file

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_mad

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
drc rule file

Hi all,

Actually, I need to create a new set of DRC & LVS rule file.
FYI, this is my first time reading & writing these 2 files.

Thus, I was wandering these 2 files using what language.
Coz I have no idea where and how to start writing these 2 files.

Any advice and suggestions are highly appreciate. Books or websites....

Thanks in advance,
no_mad

drc rule

The format of these rule files depend on the verification tool you use. You should refer the tool's documents for the file syntax.

rule file for drc

It will depend on the verification tool set that you would use. If you are using Calibre, Mentor Graphics has its own style of writing a rule deck, you can refer the SVRF for the syntax and try and code it though difficult.

Hercules from Synopsys again is different. Sometimes the tool vendors themselves code the rule decks. In case of older technologies, lesser rules to be coded things were easy. My suggestion contact an FAE of the verificaiton toolset you are using.

what is lvs drc rule file

It's not a easy job for a beginner. It is usually created by the foundry, you just try to understand to modify it when it's necessary

lvs rule file

Yes,DRC and LVS or EXT file are hard to code by outself,but sometime it is important to have the ability to read ,modify or even write the file yourself...

I would also like to see whether there are some expert in this field who're going to give some advices
:)

calibre lvs rule syntax

If you are using Cadence you can use SKILL to write these files. You can ask cadence app. engineers
for some help.

drc file for apr

So,how could we assisted by the cadence app. engineers ?
regards

diva lvs rule

I advise you learning diva. I think if you familar with syntax with diva, the others should be easier.

mentor graphics svrf file

Most of the sample syntaxs on basics DRC and LVS is available from the manual/user-guides.

This is depends which verification sign-off tool you are using.

Most of the time this is provided by your Foundry as part of the PDK suites.

OR provided by your company process team provided you are not a fabless company.

From 300mn to 130mn sounds ok, but when goes deep into deep-submicron, it is very tough and design rules keep multiplying just like the transistor counts ~ moores law :)

drc diva code

Yes, As everybody said...Every rule deck will be written in it's own style according to the verfication tool you use.

As a newbie, It will be very difficult to write the entire rule deck. Actually all the cad engineers also don't wirte everything. Foundry it self provides a rule file and according the company to company guidelines they will modify it.

So what you can do is....You just start reading the original rule files. You can get the help from SVRF files.
Calibre SVRF file is a very good one...where you can learn much...!!!

After that try to modify some rules are try to add some rules.
Then if you feel you can, Write the entire runset. Thank You.

svrf rule tvf

Is SVRF present now?. I heard that SVRF is outdated & mentor is started using TVF..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back