Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to write a dialog like application on Linux ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansunamu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone can share that with me ?
I would like to discuss about that because i only can write application on Window including in DOS and Window but i never programming in Linux . Although writing the code on Linux are the same with DOS almost , if i want ti write a Window application on Linux i dont know how to start it .

Use Qt, It provides you with a really good, easy to use, Rapid Application Development interface, some thing like Delphi interface.

Ansunamu said:
Can anyone can share that with me ?
I would like to discuss about that because i only can write application on Window including in DOS and Window but i never programming in Linux . Although writing the code on Linux are the same with DOS almost , if i want ti write a Window application on Linux i dont know how to start it .

Hi

I think there are very different approaches on writting GUI (Dialog Windows) applications on Linux:

A. The finest way is JAVA

1. h**p://java.sun.com
Write your applet/application in windows and run it on linux/solaris/...etc or reverse.

B. The next way is write with Perl/Tk

2. h**p://www.perltk.org/

C. The other way is write with Tcl/Tk

3. h**p://www.tcl.tk/
In tcl you have the chance of using a fine tool called visual TCL too.
4. h**p://vtcl.sourceforge.net/

* -> t

tnx

if you are using delphi or familiar with object pascal, then kylix is the best soluction for writing gui application on linux.

wisely

Hello,
If You will try with Xt (XToolkit) and learn to write XProgramming by manual via Console (best for beginner programmer), I have Xt installer and free book.

If anyone interrest it, i will upload this Installer and free book.

Thank's

Hello

If you use Kylix v3, you can also write in C++ (instead of delphi) and it's compatible with clx applications in Borland builder v6.

Regards

Acinfo32

Or please download this "FREE BOOK":

Volume 6A: Motif Programming Manual

/ File deleted /

hai,
for downloading the book l click mirror

the following message is displayed

Warning: readfile("http://elektroda.serveftp.net/vol6a.pdf") - Message too long in /usr/home/webmaster/gula/public_html/eboard/download2.php on line 151

what can i do?

Try here

**broken link removed**

Tom

mirrors

Above files can also be downloaded form

h**p://www.oreilly.com/catalog/motifref2/vol6a/Vol6a.pdf
f*p://ftp.ist.co.uk/pub/openmotif/openmotif-2.1.30-1_IST.i386.rpm

If you would use Qt, you had to give your complete source code of your application with it. Why? Because the Qt is licensed under GPL. Read the license on their site.
To avoid such situation I would suggest to use wxWindows toolkit instead. It is similar to MFC and is licensed under LGPL license. More on https://www.wxwindows.org

~flaxa

For most applications, python is a sensible choice.

I will urge you to learn python and use it with WxPython (https://www.wxpython.org). Users have been saying it is as easy to learn as it should be, and you get all the power of WxWindows and the speed of development of python.

In case any of you wonders, I use PyGTK when I build a python user interface. But I tend to write most of the atomic widgets in C. Please see https://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-wrap/ for reference on wrapping a GObject in python.

Quack

Status
Not open for further replies.