Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to work around this:DCM requiring clock capable IOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

linmalth

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[solved]How to work around this:DCM requiring clock capable IOB

Hi,there
Recently I encountered a problem on virtex6. Our main oscillator has jitter so we use another ext oscillator instead. Inside our design there is a DCM generated by clock wizard, but there is no convenient clock capable IO left. If I link a regular IO to DCM input, it will report error, says require a clock capable IOB. And I already set clock_dedicate_route to false.
Anyone know how to work around? I would thank your generous help.

Last edited:

What you can try is take input from your regular non-clock IOB, then use that as the input to a BUFG primitive. And then use the output of that BUFG primitive as input to your DCM module. You may have to regenerate your DCM core. More specifically, you´ll need to disable the input buffer because you are providing your own.

And you´ll need to keep that clock_dedicate_route to false thing.

Hope that helps...

Oh, thanks. I tried your way and passed par.
In fact, I just re-gen the DCM using "global buf" option, and the job is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back