Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to verify SigmaDelta desgin in Synthesizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

youyang

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a MASH111 digital SDM coding in verilog. I am now confused about how to verify whether the SDM design is right or not. I mean the input (both integer and fraction parts) has so many possible patterns that I can't verify its function exhausively. Does someone have methodology on it?
Thinks

You can se if the output bitstream represents the input signal correctly. To do this you only need and adder and a register to implement a simple accumulator. Assuming you are using a 1-bit quantizer, all you have to do is something lke this:

reg [15:0] accumulator;

if (reset) accumulator=0;
else begin
if (quantizer_output==1) accumulator = accumulator +1;
else accumulator = accumulator -1;

The accumulator will work as a very simple low pass filter. If you apply a sinusoidal signal to the input, the accumulator's output will be a sinusoid as well. This is the way I do and it works very well for me. This method does not work with square or triangular waves, only sine waves.

Hope it helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back