Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to verify a design of digital filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qjlsy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
From the point of functional verification, how to verify a design of digital filter?

How to evaluate the performance of this digital filter(implemented in rtl code)?

Could anybody give me some help? Thanks a lot!

I think it is best to use FPGA to implement it;
and use the signal generator and spectra analyzer to check the performance.

For the simulation, you just check the function is correct; it is very difficult to check the performance.

Maybe this help you.

I think you can find some comparable modules, such as C/MATLAB or some others, as the reference.

Do you think RTL performance information is useful for you?

Filter design can be made simple with the use of SystemGenerator tool under simulink
it has got a Filter Design Tool box, u can check ur filter performance in the simulink window, and finally after achieving the required performance, u can generate the RTL codes using the same tool.Then u can do the functional simulation using Modelsim.

Thanks for your help first. Then,

I jsut used C for a reference model. Here I try to design a LPF. I mixed 1.5M and 10M as input. The LPF pass band is set to 1.5M.

I can see the freq. of the output is less than that of the input, but not equal to 1.5M low-freq input.

Is this result right? How to verify the detail performance requirement?

Could anybody give me more help? Thanks a lot!

Added after 2 hours 11 minutes:

I got it. My C model implements low pass filtering to the required low freq.. :)

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back