Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to vary angle of incidence of a plane wave in hfss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEGHA_UNNI

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am working on srr metamaterial absorbers. I want to vary the angle of incidence of the plane wave which is now normal by default. Can anyone help me with how to do it?

Hi MEGHA_UNNI,

In the future, such questions may be more appropriately asked in the Electromagnetic Design and Simulation forum, as this one is more oriented towards theory.

On to your question:

Since you're working with a metamaterial absorber, I assume you are simulating just a single unit cell. In this case, you would want to use a Floquet port as an excitation. Floquet ports are used often to scan the angle of incidence in periodic arrays - there is a great tutorial on how to use them included with HFSS. Let us know if you have any problems with it.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.