Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Verilog instantiating a VHDL entity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcc124

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a question about using Verilog to instantiate a VHDL entity with generic parameter.

VHDL entity:
entity xxx is
generic(a,b : integer);
port(

I use two method to instantiate this VHDL entity in Verilog.
1)
genvar i,j;
generate
for(i=1; i < N; i=i+1) begin :
for (j=1; j < M; j=j+1) begin :
xxx #(.a(i), .b(j)) xxx_inst();

2)
genvar i,j;
generate
for(i=1; i < N; i=i+1) begin :
for (j=1; j < M; j=j+1) begin :
xxx #(i, j) xxx_inst();

Problem in simulation with ncverilog:
In the first method, parameter a does not get the value of i, but b gets the value of j. However, in the second method, parameter a gets the value of i, but b does not get the value of j. I don't know the reason.

Does anybody know how to instantiate a VHDL entity with generic parameter in Verilog correctly?

Thanks!

I dont think a VHDL entity can be instantiated in verilog design... I once try to test a VHDL design using verilog testbench and failed to even compile it....

fcc124

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Umair_ali said:
I dont think a VHDL entity can be instantiated in verilog design... I once try to test a VHDL design using verilog testbench and failed to even compile it....
I am sure that NCVerilog support Verilog and VHDL mixed design. Anyway, still thanks for your reply.

one more thing... i dont know about NCVerilog....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back