Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use: Truly LCD Module MTC-C162DPRN-2N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
truly lcd

This is a 16 pin LCD module, with 16 characters in 2 lines. I connected it to my circuit and ran the initialization, but the screen is off no matter what I did. Any idea will be helpful:)

mtc-c162dprn-2n

Or more generally... when I have a LCD panel, regardless of the brand and model, how do I initialize it so that it at least shows something?

truly lcd module

You have to provide more details if you want to get answer. The type of your micro, the way of connection (4-bit mode, 8-bit mode) etc.

Also, good idea would be to use search, because questions like yours appear every week here.

For beginning, try this topic:

Most probably, your problem lies in initialization procedure. Most LCD are very sensitive to timing during initialization.

Status
Not open for further replies.