Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use this doherty LDMOS for telecomm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Gurus,
I never used doherty LDMOS. Now I want to get a CW 5W output, so I found this doherty LDMOS.
But I was confused with so many Vgg.
I guess if it can work if I set a Vgg to get a 5W CW, since its peak is only 8W in CDMA.
Or who can recommend a 5W LDMOS for me?
I like LDMOS because its Vg is positive and don't need power on order as for GaN. Am I right?
Thanks a lot.
Best,
tony Liu
--- Updated ---

PS: The working freq is 2500MHz.

Attachments

• A3I25D080N.pdf
    464.9 KB · Views: 97

For sure this transistor can get 5W CW output power.
Both internal amplifiers (Carrier and Peaking) are two stage amplifiers, and each one use a Vg gate voltage to set the required Idq.
But I think is no reason to use this transistor just for amplifying a CW signal. Doherty approach is used to get a linearized PA which amplify signals with complex modulations.
Check sites Ampleon, NXP, Infineon, Qorvo, for LDMOS medium power transistors.

Also I am not a big fan of GaN power transistors. Not necessary due to required bias sequence of GaN (which can be a pain anyway), but due to the smoother transition into the saturated region than an LDMOS PA. This smoother transition of GaN can be critical in order to determine the linearization system complexity.

tony_lth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back