Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use the timer and counter in PIC 16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen_palaparthi

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello im praveen i need info on timer in PIC 16f877 other than data sheet and midrange manual.
I mean i need practical application of timer and how we can use them as a timer and counter please tell me.....

Re: i need guidance

Hi!
Be specific about ur requirements. Generally speaking
A timer is used to carry out tasks at periodic intervals of time. The period of these intervals can be varied.
As a counter a timer can be used to count the external pulses (either rising or falling) on an external pin that is unique to that timer.
If you need code examples then feel free to ask and i will try to load them for you.
Regards.

i need guidance

timer uses internal clock , counter uses external clock .(in counter, based on external interrupt you can use the interrupt to increment a register , thus you can use the external event as counter .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back