Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use the LISP routine in AUTOcad to create sinuous antenna arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiztronix

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
i'm trying to design a sinuous antenna, and i'm using HFSS.. the sinous arms can be generated by describing the relevant equation.. however since HFSS probably doesnt support this type entry, i have to create the structure in AUTOcad and then import it into HFSS... however i dont know any AUTOcad... i do have the LISP routine that can be used for generating the arms...

can someone give a few pointers as to how i can proceed? anyone uploading a tutorial for LISP routine exectution in CAD will be greatly appreciated by me...

regards,
wiztronix

AUTOcad help needed!

HFSS does support scripting. You can write a script that generates a polygon. However I have not done any since version 8 and it has changed with the new GUI.

Re: AUTOcad help needed!

HFSS v10 has an equation based curve function. You can define your parametric equations there and draw any curve. Then you can draw another line/sheet and sweep along the path...

dear Ozgur

i try a lot to find the hfss help for equation based drawing but i couldn't find anything!!!
whould you have any text or reference for it?
best regards

thnks Madenger but i dont work with autocad, yet!!! whould you please send me an example

HI
upload an example in hfss, y=sin(x), hope it helpful!

Regards
Edmund

Firts of all equation based curve came with HFSS v.10. If you are using an older version, you cannot find it. Equation based curve is very easy to use. All you need to do is to transform your original equation into a pair of parametric equations of a free variable 't'.

AUTOcad help needed!

hi EdmundZheng
whould you please upload a 2D structure such as a spiral patch antenna

AUTOcad help needed!

hi all anyone know that how we can export an object that we plot in matlab to autocad?
for example how we can export a curve of f(x)=x^2 that we plot it in matlab to autocad?

Added after 41 minutes:

please upload an example of autocad that in this example you draw an object with a mathematical equation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back