Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use the HFSS to simulate the TwinAx cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

liubinqq258

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Capture.PNGHow to use the HFSS to simulate the TwinAx cable?
I do not know what is the gap, what is the gap size in the picture. and also how to draw the structure,Please help to share the
skill with me, thank you

Draw cross section in 2-D with primitives and boolean operations and then use thicken sheet or sweep surface to create geometry, the gap is going to be tricky probably have to do a polyline and then sweep it. Can't tell what gap size is from picture, or size of anything else for that matter since there is no scale or dimensions. What are you trying to solve for? HFSS may not be your best option.

Dear Reidintransit :thank you for your reply,i use the HFSS to simulate the cable(high speed),but using the 2-D cross section method is not good, the cable's suckout will not happen. in the topic, i see somebody use the 3-D method(see in the attached picture) , the result is better,it is the same with the test result in frequency,but i do not know how to draw the 3-D,I do not know what is the "gap" and "gap size".thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back