Status
Not open for further replies.

YIM bunchhat

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am the new for Siemens programing, When I take battery out the two s5-95f which are synchronized, everything stop working. I try to copy eprom to it but i don't know it was copied already or not. I see only stop led of both module s5-95f blinking. I wait several minutes but it still blinking. what I want to know is How to connect simatic s5 to s5-95f module, Does it have to use programmer or not? if have what? and how to copy program from eprom to s5-95f?

thank you,

First, obvious comment. There are very detailed user manuals available.

I've used S5 for the last time may be 18 years ago, thus I don't remember the details. If I remember right, there are different memory modules. EPROM modules can be only programmed in a programmer, EEPROM modules can be also used to copy program between CPUs.

I have read manual already but I don't understand clearly, please tell me in summery about it.

It turned out, that I have the user manual still on my computer.

In a short:

Modules have to be inserted or removed in unpowered state.

Without valid program in RAM, e.g. after backup power loss, program is automatically load from a plugged-in memory module on start-up. Blinking red LED is a error message, usually it means no valid program on module. Load in progress is signaled by a flickering LED.

As previously said, a valid program can be copied to an EEPROM (not EPROM) module by pressing the copy button for at least 3 seconds. Copy execution is signaled by flickering LED. Blink signals error, e.g. invalid module.

Details can be found in chapter 5 of the S5-95U user manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…