Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use S-parameters in HSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arash.h

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody.
I have extracted S-parameters of a PCB(just including traces) by ADS ( Method of moment) to simulate electromagnetic interference(EMI). Now I want to add some active elements which I have just spice models of. So I have decided to use HSPICE.
So I want to use these S-parameters in HSPICE but I do not know how???
thanks.

s perameters

Hi

I think you should convert S parameters to Y parameters, they are generally compatible with circuit time domain analysis.

flyhigh

spice use s-parameter

Why don't you use s-parameters and your active device in a co-simulation environment simultaneously??

s parameter conversion spice

You can use ADS, no need to use HSPice for this
Right BigBoss?
You can import model ( first need to create) from Momentum & do simulation in ADS Schematic drawing window.

I hope you got what I am saying.

ads pcb s-parametars

hi.
thanks for your suggestions. But I knew that I can use the ADS or co-simulation methods for the complete simulation. The point is this, I have just SPICE model of the lumped components which I want to use in my simulation.
so I thought that I can use HSPICE for this. I know that we can use S-parameters in HSPICE , but I have not found a good refrence for this.

using ads view s parameter models

acutally u can in ADS convert this spice model into ADS model and make eveything in ADS , it is much easier

khouly

using s parameters

I still have the same problem with arash.h.

@Abhishekabs & khouly:
Of course we can do co-simulate by import model from Momentum or EMDS. However, the problem is I could not import NMOS & PMOS with specific models into ADS to form a complete circuit system, so I have to do a reserve method that is import S-parameter to SPICE.

If you know how to do that, please tell me.
Thanks a lot

Hi everyone,
I need one help.....
Can anybody please help me to find that how can I use my s-parameters files in spice simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back