Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use PZ analysis in Cadence tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyedaboard

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, who knows how to use pz analysis in cadence tools?

Re: PZ analysis

In Hspice, the command in .pz.

well, what do you wan to know ;) ?

i want to konw how to use the PZ analysis to fined the pole of opa.
note: the red line!

I think the pz analysis is of no use.

why? pz analysis is one of analysis in spectre.

jeffreyedaboard said:

why? pz analysis is one of analysis in spectre.

I have never got any useful information from pz analysis. and it's not accurate too.

to simplify the circuit and analysize the pole and zero by hand is the task of engineer.

renwl said:

PZ analysis is of use that's why it's present there in tools.........

these day's designers don't have time to solve the complete circuit and finds it's poles and zero's..........here this command helps.
Instead of wasting a lot of time deriving the transfer function and finding poles and zeros , just use this command and you will get all the poles and zeros.

Question is how to use them........
poles and zeros of lower frequency are important to us as these will help us to decide the bandwidth , gain and a bit of information on stability.

we will also get the information from this that we need to have any fix for frequency compensation or not.

Hope this makes the importance of pole and zero analysis clear............

stuck_adc said:
renwl said:

PZ analysis is of use that's why it's present there in tools.........

these day's designers don't have time to solve the complete circuit and finds it's poles and zero's..........here this command helps.
Instead of wasting a lot of time deriving the transfer function and finding poles and zeros , just use this command and you will get all the poles and zeros.

Question is how to use them........
poles and zeros of lower frequency are important to us as these will help us to decide the bandwidth , gain and a bit of information on stability.

we will also get the information from this that we need to have any fix for frequency compensation or not.

Hope this makes the importance of pole and zero analysis clear............

i know the importance of pole and zero analysis ,but the question is how to use the pz analysis in spectre?
could you help me ?

I just use Hspice to analysis the pole and zero of AMP.
For example:
.Pz Vout Vin or .Pz Vout Iin
The Vin or Iin is a ac source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back