Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use PCAD pcb file as library file

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishabkailas

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai all

i want to get the land patterns used in pcad pcb files to a single library. Is there any way to convert the pcb file to a library file.(IN orcad yu can give a *.max file as a libray file and can place from the max file) i am looking for such a way.

rishab

Yes.
You have to open your existing layout. In menu Library select Archive Library and save it. That is all.

den

Thanks for the reply.
But I changed some land pattern pads in the design and not in library. so I wanted the new libs with the change made in the pcb file.

This archive command only copies components from the libray form where the net list is loaded and not from the board.

rishab

1. Save PCB in ASCII format.

2. Open Library Executive, Library, Translate.

3. Select Source Format = P-CAD ASCII, select your PCB as Source Lib, type name of new Destination library and translate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back