Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use linux operating in personal comupter

Status
Not open for further replies.

achuth002

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i am know abut
how to operate linux in operating system and how instalation of linux in os
and basic concept of linux operating systems

Ubuntu is easy to get for free and will work in your normal Windows machine with great ease and without trashing your Windows setup.

thanks for ur replying
but how to install and basics

The Ubuntu website has very simple installation instructions when you download Ubuntu

any linkis to operate the basis of the linux operating

If you use Ubuntu you will see it is very similar to Windows in the way you use it. With the default installation or if you use it in 'live' mode, it has icons to click to start most programs running and you will recognize some of the programs because they are available on Windows and Mac OS as well.

I suggest you go to www.ubuntu.com and download a copy (it is free), burn it to a DVD, instructions are on the Ubuntu web site, then boot your computer from it. That will let you use most of the features without touching any of your existing files so you can experiment as much as you like. When you have finished trying it, you can either install it or just remove the DVD and restart your computer, it will be exactly as it was before the you started.

Brian.

If you use Ubuntu you will see it is very similar to Windows in the way you use it. With the default installation or if you use it in 'live' mode, it has icons to click to start most programs running and you will recognize some of the programs because they are available on Windows and Mac OS as well.

I suggest you go to www.ubuntu.com and download a copy (it is free), burn it to a DVD, instructions are on the Ubuntu web site, then boot your computer from it. That will let you use most of the features without touching any of your existing files so you can experiment as much as you like. When you have finished trying it, you can either install it or just remove the DVD and restart your computer, it will be exactly as it was before the you started.

Brian.
Isn't that an expanded version of what I posted before? I think the original poster is looking for something more but I didn't understand why he doesn't just look at the Ubuntu website.

Status
Not open for further replies.