Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use keil ISD51?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfheart_2001

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
keil isd51

hi,

i want to use keil ISD51, i read the release notes but it dont describe things fully, i need a tutorial or anything explain it more practically.

thanx

isd51

Salam,

Read this topic

Bye

isd51 example

wolfheart_2001 said:
i need a tutorial or anything explain it more practically.
thanx

The best practice (learning by doing) is to use the example provided by uVision2.
You can find in \keil\c51\isd51\examples\generic_8052
But you must be 100% sure you know how to use the debugger, performing single-step through code, set brekpoints and run your application.

isd51 tutorial

can i debug programs which use the UART with the ISD51 or this is impossible?

isd51

wolfheart_2001 said:
can i debug programs which use the UART with the ISD51 or this is impossible?

It is impossible to use the UART interface that is used for ISD51 communication for another user serial interrupt service routine.
ISD51 requires exclusive control over the UART since it is implemented via a serial interrupt routine.

The only way is to share ASCII I/O in polling mode.
https://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/isd51/isd51_sw_serialsharing.htm

However, if don't like I/O polling feature and you have a 8051 micro with two serial ports and the Serial Port 0 is used by default in your application and don't want to change that, you're still able to use ISD51 on Serial Port 1 for debugging purpose by simple changing the UART interface used by ISD51 inside Isd51.h file.
But you still won't be able to use software breakpoints and single_stepping in Serial Port 0 interrupt service routines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back