Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use IR (infrared) in a simple way? thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhtoad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everybody.
I have designed a embed system ( AT89S51 )..And now , I want to send some data from the 51 to PC (IBM thinkpad).
As you know , to import IRDA stack to the 51 is a hard work. so, I will transport data in another way.
As you know, the IR in PC could work in SIR mode. which based on UART . So, if the IR LED (controlled by 51 ) could send infrared pulse for bit "0". the pulse width and the intervals between the bits comply to IRDA1.0 . And add "0" to the beginning of a byte as starting code and "1" to the end of the byte as end bit. in my opinion, the PC will recognize the signals just like the com1 .

But, I cannot find a software could open the com port for the IR. I cannot sure the PC receive the signals?
Is there some software which could open the com port for IR,and set the baud rate for the IR?
maybe , my method is unreasonable at all. would you please give me the reason?

thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back