Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use IP compile by vlog to do simulation in top level using ModelSIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an IP compiled by vlog with -nodebug option, how to use these compiled files to do simulation in top level. Thanks!

Re: Modelsim question

chico said:
I have an IP compiled by vlog with -nodebug option, how to use these compiled files to do simulation in top level. Thanks!

If you know the top level of the encrypted IP and its port list, simply instantiate it in your own code, then do

Code:
 vlog my_top.v;
   vsim my_top

I've not tried it, but might work.

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com
* A Pragmatic Approach to VMM Adoption 2006 ISBN 0-9705394-9-5 h**p://www.systemverilog.us/
* SystemVerilog Assertions Handbook
* Using PSL/Sugar

Modelsim question

Hi aji_vlsi, I have instantiate the encrypted IP and vlog vsim my_top, but it cant find the IP. How to include these encrypted files, it seems simply instantiate is not enough.

Modelsim question

You can use GUI and select all files.

you can use the following options.

+libext+.v
-y <your ip directory path>

Hi ,
The compiled design will be in different format like .db in synopsys .The default compiled database will be in work directory . Since you are given compiled database you need to mention the path of ur database like ,
vsim -work <path> <top_module> ( I'm not sure about the exact option ) .
Check in the user manual for the correct option .

Regards
Chandhramohan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back