Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use HFSS ideal Phase Shifter?

RussKy_GoKu

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am designing a phased antenna array in HFSS, and I want to add ideal phase shifters in between transmission lines. Now I can't use the "Edit Sources options" because I have fewer sources than antenna elements due to the feed network, so I want to add phase shifters in the middle of the feed network before each antenna.
Is there a way to do that in HFSS?

thanks

Probably the easiest way to do this is to used lumped (internal) ports. Place these inside of your feeding structure, then you can modify the phase shift from the "Edit Sources" panel as you indicated.

Another option is to go to Project/Insert Circuit Design/ set Workflow None, and from Groups chose TRL.
Add ports to TRL, and you can change the length in degrees of the TRL (which is actually the phase shift).

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back