Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use gcc tool chain for arm in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedshakeel

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arm-linux-gcc toolchain

hi
i am new to linux ,i have installed fedora 8 kernel 2.6. and downloaded gcc tool chain for arm from (www.mikrocontroller.net).after the unzip i can c the files such as (arm-elf-gcc) in bin directory ,but i dont know how to make and compile a project for any arm7 .PLZ help in this regard
Shakeel

arm7 with linux

how u unzipped the file ? u should use tar utility if it in gz format otherwise the gcc will not work bcoz wen unzipping it wil make some link and some other things will happen. try to unzip with tar utility in linux then ther will be some script file whic will guide u further .... to instal the gcc .if u want to know the usage of gcc try man gcc in command line

howto gcc arm

hi jerins
thanks for reply,i have unziped it using tar utility,plz tell me where can i find
the script file you are talking about
Shakeel

gcc c++ linker script lpc2378

hi
now i can compile a project in linux gcc arm tool chain .but this project is for lpc 2378, i need to compile it for lpc 2368 . i need to change make file ,and linker script to compile for lpc 2368.what are the steps needed to change linker script and make file . if i change the controller name in make file i get errors ,original project for lpc 2378 is on the link [/url]http://www.siwawi.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects/arm_projects/#lpc23xx_demo1
Shakeel

how to use gcc with an arm controller

hai shakeel der will be a readme file in teh directory normaly in the unzipped directory try to read it .that will guide u to how to compile and exicute.........

arm linux gcc toolchain

hi jerins
thanks for reply,i have compiled it by changing make file,and renaming linker file
i will read the file u mentioned too,hope it helps further
shakeel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back