Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I wrote my first program in c for LED blinking. I think every beginner start with LED. The same concept I want to apply for RTOS Design. I have been looking many documents , saw many sample programs but I could not understand how to start writing small real time operating. I decided to write real time program for LED's. the reason why I want to use only LED's because I am familiar with LED's working. I can easily track with LED program what's happening program. actually I want to learn how use free RTOS program with my project. I am using cortex M3, three LED's and Keil compiler to write RTOS program.

In project, I will use Cortex M3 and three LED'S and three switches. RTOS kernel will have two features scheduling and multiplexing

Tasks or Multitasking
Task1-Turn ON/OFF LED1 by using Switch1
Task2-Turn ON/OFF LED2 by using Switch2
Task2-Turn ON/OFF LED1 by using Switch3

Scheduling: do every task one by one
Task1---task2----Task3 (repeat all tasks)

How to start ? What should be in headers and what should be in the source files?

Note: I know RTOS is designed to satisfy timing constraints. someone will agree or disagree with my idea but think I am just looking starting and simple steps. My aim is only learning so that's why I started with LED'S

Code C - [expand]
void vMyTask( void *pvParameters )
{
const TickType_t xOneSecond = pdMS_TO_TICKS( 1000 );

for( ;; )
    {
        // Turn LED on.  (psuedocode)
        LEDState( on );
        // Wait 1000ms
        vTaskDelay( xOneSecond );
        // Turn LED off.
        LEDState( off );
        // Wait 1000ms.
        vTaskDelay( xOneSecond );
    }
}

A good place to start https://www.freertos.org/Documentation/RTOS_book.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…