Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Equation based curve and surface in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetchoto

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Any one who has used equation based curve/surface option to generate 2D structures in HFSS would like to upload any document or example explaining that how to do it ? I am trying to use this option to draw exponential curve of vivaldi antenna but em not successful yet. Any help from anyone who is expert on this would be very welcome.

Thanks

You can search the web for Ansoft HFSS Antenna Design Kit, it can design and build the model automaticlly for you, including the vivaldi antenna. It save you great amount of time. Or you can ask for it from the Ansoft service team, they will provide you that.

I have antenna design kit, But the problem is you can not define your exponential tapering of vivaldi in it. Or can we ? Kindly correct me if i am wrong in this regard.
Another question, In HFSS vivaldi antenna is realized by having same exponential tapered arms on top and bottom layers of substrate while antenna is being fed from the middle of substrate. While Manufacturing the vivaldi antenna you will have exponential tapered armes only on top layer and feeding will be on the bottom layer of substrate. Am i right ? if not kindly correct me. It does not make sense to feed the vivaldi antenna from the middle of substrate as it is impossible to realize such feeding.

Thanks.

Hi,

I think you are more expertised in that field than I am. I have seen somebody using the kit to design the antenna, but I am not quite clear about those details since I got no experience in that antenna. I am afraid that is alll that can help.

Good luck.

I am also doing a similar project . I used the equation based curve but I cant use the cover line option .

And for the example in tool kit . It has a different feeding structure relative to what I am aiming for.

Hi Phaisal,

Cover line operation will work only if you use it with same *Type* of curves. Like '2-D curves' or '1-D curves',if you draw two different curves and will then try to use coverline operation it will not work.

IN ADK,vivaldi antenna is being fed totally different and i do not know how in reality that feeding structure could be realized. But you can feed the antenna differently than the ADK example. It is not necessary to follow what they have done.

What kind of feeding structure you are aiming for? Stripline or ?

/SC

Hi,

Any one who has used equation based curve/surface option to generate 2D structures in HFSS would like to upload any document or example explaining that how to do it ? I am trying to use this option to draw exponential curve of vivaldi antenna but em not successful yet. Any help from anyone who is expert on this would be very welcome.

Thanks

you can draw the exponential taper curve using the "Draw equation-base curve" command in HFSS, in the dialog write:

X(_t)= _t
Y(t)=c1*exp(r1*(_t))+c2

c1 and c2 are calculated from the coordinates of the start and end points.

Reactions: ferdows and wave85

wave85

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ferdows

V

I tried using the same procedure but it gives the error that "edge of wire too short" :(

you can draw the exponential taper curve using the "Draw equation-base curve" command in HFSS, in the dialog write:

X(_t)= _t
Y(t)=c1*exp(r1*(_t))+c2

c1 and c2 are calculated from the coordinates of the start and end points.[/QUOTE

thanks fot the reply

It Is drawing curve but not on the referenced points where to set reference for the points of curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back