Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use ECCP module (4 PWM channels) in PIC18f4550?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayazahmed

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys

I m doing a project in which i want to generate 4 PWM signals of approx. 1KHz frequency in the background (means i want to do other micro-controller tasks and PWM simultaneously). I m using PC18f4550 for this purpose. I have found that i can generate 4 PWM signals in the background by using ECCP module. But still i m unable to know how to use it.

I am using PICC compiler but i can also work with PIC BASIC Pro. If someone have some ideas or any sample codes, PLZ PLZ help me...

Here is the datasheet of PIC18f4550
ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/39632d.pdf

regardz
Ayaz Ahmed

Generally its relatively easy to make PWM using timer interrupt.

Mr.Cube

Dear Mr.Cube

Thanks for giving an attention to my question. For ur info, i know how to make PWM, in fact i have generated 2 PWM signals using PIC16F877 in the background. The problem is that it just have 2 PWM channels and i need 4. that's why i wanna learn ECCP module in PIC18F4550. The data sheet have some useful info to operate it correctly but i m still trying to understand it. PLZ PLZ help me to solve this problem.

Thanks again in advance

Regardz
Ayaz Ahmed

Status
Not open for further replies.