Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use CST3.4 to simulate a broadside couple line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needbias

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone there has experience in simulate a broadside microstrip line,the two output port are on the same plane,so if you choose mutiple pin port set ,the result sames not correct,for me,the S21 is positive.who can help me?

Needbias,

please can you upload your structure (without results due to space), we try to help you!
Eirp

My project has no error,I think.It may due to fault of software.Expect CST4 can be better.Now I use HFSS,result sames good.
however,Thx.

Hi, Needbias!

It's is very strange, because I've simulated very complex structures with no problems. Try to use CST4 and read "Advanced Topics" manual (included in install), maybe you need to use full deembeding feature. It must work!
Best regards,
Eirp

Needbias said:
Anyone there has experience in simulate a broadside microstrip line,the two output port are on the same plane,so if you choose mutiple pin port set ,the result sames not correct,for me,the S21 is positive.who can help me?

I understand.
I had such problem's with CST and solve them only after much addition mesh cells.
I think that in CST is not very good automeshing. Many problem your need to solve by hands and head :) .
In HFSS the mesh's refinement is the better.

borich_03 said:
Needbias said:

I understand.
I had such problem's with CST and solve them only after much addition mesh cells.
I think that in CST is not very good automeshing. Many problem your need to solve by hands and head :) .
In HFSS the mesh's refinement is the better.

Hi, Borich03.

You are right about some big structures with small details.
It needs to use your head but we are engineers and not stupid machines, don't we? I usally refine mesh on selected objects.
Thanx for comments,

Eirp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back