Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use BSD compiler to implement HIGHZ opcode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

claint

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
JTAG question

Hi,all
I want to use BSD compiler to implement JTAG in my design. I should implement the opcode HIGHZ. there is no enable signal of tri state PADS in my core. But because of HIGHZ opcode, I have to instantiate tri-state PADS for all outputs. BSD compiler will use a bsd cell for every control (enable )signals of every tri-state outputs,(we can share control bsd cell between some outputs). But I don't want the control signals in the boundary chain(thus only one bsd cells for every output other than two bsd cells for every output),i.e., every output signal have one bit in the chain. The effect of this difference is the length of the vector. I have tried to instantiate two port PADS for every outputs and implement the opcode HIGHZ by user defined instruction,then insert bsd and generate vectors.Then replace two port PADS with three port PADS and generate an enable signal for all outputs ,but the generated vectors cannot apply any longer.

In conclusion, How to use BSD compiler to implement HIGHZ opcode and not introduce any seperate(if control and output data can be merged in a single bsd cells, the problem is settled) control bsd cells in the boundary chain?

How should I do? Any other tools can settle this problem?

Thx in advance
Claint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back