Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW TO USE AT89C51 TO INTERFACE USB AND PRINTER???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunzala

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys! how r u?
can anyone tell me how to interface USB and Printer using AT89C51, and how can i get there codes? Plz help me

Thanks

BlOcKHeAd

Hi
You need to have a USB driver/controller chip in your system such as the FTDI device, part number FT245BM or one of its variants. These are readily available, cheap and easy to interface to one of the AT89C51 8 bit parallel ports with a few of the other I/O line for chip control. The device comes complete with ready to use drivers, which work great and a set up routine so you can program your own ID string if you want to, these routines can be downloaded from the #FTDI website.

https://www.ftdichip.com/

You will have to write your own printer driver routine I think but that should be OK if you have the USB bit sorted for you.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back