Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use AT commands with MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllunlu

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can I use At command.First I write this code and then compiler with other codes.And am I send it to MCU
is it right?

Re: At command and MCU

First I write this code and then compiler with other codes.And am I send it to MCU is it right?
No, it is wrong!

Just like write a text to printer, but AT command is sent to Serial Port.
MCU has serial port, so you send AT command to serial Port which connected to cell phone.

You don't need to compile it!

budhy thnks for your reply.But ı dont understand that.I am new.And can you explain that more

First, try to using your PC to test an AT Command.
You can connect your mobile phone to PC via data cable (serial), and then open Hyper Terminal on Windows, set for your serial communication (COM1,9600 8n1).
Now you can write an AT Command that compatible for your phone, and your phone will respond you if the command is right.

To interface it with MCU you must use a RS232 voltage converter, and connect it via Tx and Rx pin from your MCU. And then you can write an AT Command from your MCU to your phone via serial communication.

Hi!
As said by budhy donot confuse yourself. It is just sending text through the serial port. e.g if u want to send "AT". Then first send the char'A' and then the char'T' through the serial port of the microcontroller.
If u have already worked with the serial port of any microcontroller then it will not be a problem at all. Otherwise first learn using the serial port and later on send the commands through the serial port.
If u can tell us about the compiler that you are using and the Particular controller then i can help u with the code.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.