Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use AT command

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossam abdo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

I want to know information about at-command?

what i need to do is to access on a device using this command from remote area.

when i press (1) from my phone certain action occurs, and when i press to another action occurs.

How can i do that?

thanks in advance.

I want to design a robot , i can access on it by my mobile.
there are two mobiles(1st with me and the second attached to the robot).
when i call the robot mobile and for example press(1), a certain action occurs from the robot.
and 2 for another action and so on

your question is not clear... what is that "press(1)" is that a command or key press from mobile.... if it is a key press from a mobile its very complicated.....

do u mean by calling the destination mobile and let it to answer automaticaly and pressing key 1 button on ur mobile..??

At command set is for sending messages or receiving messages and dialing a phone. For that you need a Sim card and network connection. But in your case you can make use of DTMF(dial tone multi frequency).

B clear whether you want to press keys and do the project go for DTMF
if you want to send message then go for GSM module with AT Command Set.

Decide it first then i will help you

At command set is for sending messages or receiving messages and dialing a phone. For that you need a Sim card and network connection. But in your case you can make use of DTMF(dial tone multi frequency).

B clear whether you want to press keys and do the project go for DTMF
if you want to send message then go for GSM module with AT Command Set.

Decide it first then i will help you

many thanks aameer for your help.
i want to press keys (DTMF)

hossam abdo said:
i want to press keys (DTMF)
You could take a look at HT9170 IC. It takes the audio signal as input and produces 5 digital outputs when a DTMF tone is detected. Fairly simple. I believe that this is what you are looking for.

View attachment ht9170.pdf

Alexandros

yes Alex is right. you can make use of HT9170 ic which will give you binary output if you fed the DTMF signal to the ic. then connect the output of the above said ic to the microcontroller and do the rest coding to display or to perform some actions.
From your mobile phone connect a head phone and connect the output of the head phones to the HT9170 ic.

All the Best

Dear friend

I agreed with aameer.I suggest you to use DTMF. Visit this site for complete circuit and programming codes.

"http://www.8051projects.net/download-d234-gsm-controlled-robot-project-report.html"

it is checked and used by me and and works very good...

-Regards :-D

dear Hossam

According to me there is a facility of automatic call answer is given in every mobile phones.so when u call to mobile which is connected with robot at that time cell phone will answer your call automatically.and whole control will be based on DTMF tones. ok?

why do you go for Automatic call answer mode. Just activate Keypad tone and connect the above mentioned ic .. i have worked with it and works fine...
You are making your project cumbersome....
Just begin by using DTMF it is simple but looks great.

for automatic reply i put the mobile at the head set mode (option in the mobile).
but i want to know if the DTMF is used for specific phones or for all.
because when i press the button of the phone on the board,the operation achieved right, but when i press the same button of the phone with me, the pulse tone doesn't send clearly.
what is the problem here?

Dear Hossam,
The DTMF is standard it wont change for 4*3 keypad.

when the communication between the two mobile is running, the action which i programmed doesn't work, but when the communication is disabled and running the system from the board phone keypad, it works right.

is the error that during the communication, there is a distortion in the signal arrived to the IC?
if that, what is the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back