Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use a Lange-coupler with amplifiers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoppTidigare

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Info on Lange coupler ?

Hi all, I need some info about how to use a Lange-coupler with amplifiers.

I know that a Lange coupler is a for port device, 1 input port, and one isolated and two ports to where the power is splitted equally.

The exercise for me is to "construct a balanced amplifier using the same transistor as in exercise ..."

This confuses me, because how can I make a balanced amplifier with only one transistor ?

I guess that the teacher used the word "balanced" in the wrong way.
I believe that he meant that the power to two transistors should be equal (balanced). Power is splitted equally to each transistor and combined at output.

Am I wrong or is it another way to use the Lange-coupler ?

Kindest Regards,
StoppTidigare

For my opinion, your teacher mean "use many trasistor you need whit the SAME PART/NUMBER"

Hi StoppTidigare,

I would have the same opinion as what you think. From the exercise quoting ""construct a balanced amplifier using the same transistor ..." , I would understand it as the i/p power to the two amplifiers should be balanced.

Re: Info on Lange coupler ?

Hi,

here is a link to an example of a balanced amplifier using a Lange coupler:

hxxp://www.xpedion.com/pdf_files/SATCOM.pdf

rgds, Al

Re: Info on Lange coupler ?

I think the meaning of your teach is that the transistors you used have the same performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back