Status
Not open for further replies.

shariq

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am just a beginer wid the circuit,working on a small project.its a random flasher in which only 1 LED is ON at a time. i want to use a clock circuit using D flip flop.suppose I need to use 4 LEDs,m not gettin how to use flip flop?

u can made also by using 555 timer ic and decade counter

u also can use CMOS counter IC..try search for CMOS 4000 series..it easy..dont afraid with the name..

Maybe something like the ring counter shown in this: **broken link removed**. You run the ring counter at a high enough clock speed to make it seem random when it's stopped by a button push. If you need to conitinuously display random LEDs, try a variation of the pseudo-random method in the same link.

Last edited:

Actually, a really cheap, poorly made, pushbutton connected directly to the clock input of a decade counter can also produce a random count. No need for a 555 timer or other clock circuitry. One case where switch bounce is a good thing! Then a BCD to decimal decoder can be used to drive only one LED at a time. This would work for up to 10 LEDs if all bits were used; if the upper two bits to the decoder where pulled low, then one of four - as per the original post - would light. I've used this technique in the past...

The OP has clearly stated an intent to use D-type flip flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…