[SOLVED] How to use 4 s1p -file to create a user component for simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun0727

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I got 4 s1p-file (s11dd, s12dd, s21dd, s22dd) from Measurement, and now I want to use these s1p file to create a component, which will be used to simulation the Phase Delay in ADS. How can I achieve this?

Thank you all

Convert {s11dd, s12dd, s21dd, s22dd} to 1-file as s2p file.
You can do this by "write_snp()" in Data Display.
Here use Data file tool.
Then use "S2P (2-Port S-parameter File)".

If you don't like to create another s2p file, use "S2P_Eqn (2-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based)" with "DataAccessComponent (Data Access Component)".

I think your DUT has 4 physical ports.

However, this "S2P (2-Port S-parameter File)" or "S2P_Eqn (2-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based)" is for virtual logical 2-ports.

Attachments

• 180919-221746.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

Thanks for your nice answer. But I am too stupid to wort it out.. .. Could you be a bit more specific.
I want to create a s2p file, contains (sdd11, sdd12, sdd21, sdd22). I tried to use Data file tool. But I can only load s1p and convert it to dataset into workspace, How can I convert it into one s2p file.

But I am too stupid to wort it out..
What do you want to mean ?

I tried to use Data file tool.
But I can only load s1p and convert it to dataset into workspace

Enter followings in Data Display.

AhoS={ {s11dd, s12dd}, {s21dd, s22dd} }
Boke=write_snp("Kasu.s2p", AhoS, "Are you Kindergarten Pupil ?", "GHz", "MA", 100)

Here I assume Zdd_ref=100 ohm.

Last edited:
Teacher save me.. I just installed ADS before several hours.. So I am very new to ADS
error:

While evaluating "do2":
operand: invalid field access

solved... thank you very much.. do you have any donate url.. want to invite you for a cup of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…