Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use 16f877A instead of 18F452 in LedMatrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have common cathode? so that means your row is cathode?

you can download my project here..

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/199151/

im using 74hc154 in my rows.. and i dont know what transistors to use to sink up my rows current.. i have 7x40 led matrix which is 7 cathode rows and 40 anode columns.. in my columns, i am using 74hc595 and what resistor or transistor should i add up to sink my columns? need help on a real hardware design.. because i want to implement this with less errors.. :) thanks!

No! My rows is anode and columns for cathode. Because i'm using bi-colour common cathode only. Or if I used 8x8(w/out bi-colour), I would prefer common cathode all times.

The transistor can be used any transistors such as NPN2N2222 or 2N3904 or general transistor.

For resistor, every dot matrix will come with 20mA limited for red led only. U will have known that dot matrix and also voltage is 5V. To calculated ohms law voltage/mA= +/-resistor with 1/4 or 1/8 watts. I used 220 ohms with 1/4watts. It is up to u, so u can use range 180-330 ohms.

Btw, I'm using mikroBasic pro.

No! My rows is anode and columns for cathode. Because i'm using bi-colour common cathode only. Or if I used 8x8(w/out bi-colour), I would prefer common cathode all times.

The transistor can be used any transistors such as NPN2N2222 or 2N3904 or general transistor.

For resistor, every dot matrix will come with 20mA limited for red led only. U will have known that dot matrix and also voltage is 5V. To calculated ohms law voltage/mA= +/-resistor with 1/4 or 1/8 watts. I used 220 ohms with 1/4watts. It is up to u, so u can use range 180-330 ohms.

Btw, I'm using mikroBasic pro.

so for example if your'e using 74hc154 in your rows and 74hc595 in your columns, so that mean your columns should be in anode and your rows will be cathode? :)

so for example if your'e using 74hc154 in your rows and 74hc595 in your columns, so that mean your columns should be in anode and your rows will be cathode? :)

Absoultely! I still have 74HC154 on seperate board

Untitled.png
Can somebody help me i keep getting this errors,even when i try to use 74Hc595 for a different project.Please i need the solution ergently.

Re: pic16F887

@supra
do you have a schematic diagram in proteus for this code?

Re: 16f877a dot ledmatrix 8x8

@supra
i try your code and the scem but it doesnt work

Re: 18f452 external oscillator

hai,

can u inform me the power supply part all matrix led's. and i need to display the big character how can i do. kindly give some idea's.

hi,

i want to display double row of 8x8 matrix. how can i do?. kindly reply.

- - - Updated - - -

hi,

i want to display double row of 8x8 matrix. how can i do?. kindly reply.

Re: pic16F887

can you please post the circuit of your project,it can be helpful to many peoples.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back