Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to unlock the 8051 lock bits without interrupting the code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all-11 lockbit

Here is the another code for 89c51-89c52 in bin

how to read 89c52 locked

what is this code for?
is there a schematic?

does it work with the above circuit?

arnab bhaumik

This code, when burned into a '51, produces upon a button pressed, exactly one pulse on a port pin, longer or shorter, depending on the state of two other pins (i.e. a dipswitch setting, for example). It also indicates readiness etc. on an another pin (a LED to be connected to it).

The exact timing depends on the crystal connected.

And, of course, the purpose depends on where and how it is connected... Supposedly, it produces a glitch on power/reset/clock/wherever, which might potentially do "something" with the FLASH - or, for that matter, with the lockbit(s).

JW

read locked 8051

hi all

Lock bits is important topic. I have vasted alot of time on it and the conclusion is that it is not possible to unlock bits.

regards

how to read 8051 programs which is locked

pinacle said:
Here is the another code for 89c51-89c52 in bin

I needed to refer to some very old code I wrote in 1998 on an 89C52. Since that was almost ten years ago, I couldn't find the source I had written. I did find an AT89C52-20PC (date code 9843) that I had programmed and LOCKED in the past.

With no schematics for the code pinacle posted, I tried to figure it out. Low and behold, it works! I now have my code, and disassembled source!

The code that pinacle posted is for a daughter board that goes between the programmer and the device being programmed. The code just changes the programming pulse when erasing the device.

This does not work if the date code on your chip is 99-XX or newer.

how to unlock security bits of at89c52

sdfoo said:
connect with icdesigner(at)126.com

Interesting. You only have 5 posts in this forum and almost every single one is pushing icdesigner(at)126.com.

Its obvious YOU ARE icdesigner!

I would never use any services like what you offer!

I expect that you want all of the money first. Then if I am lucky I won't get burned.

I certainly hope there are no foolish people willing to send you any money from this forum!

Good LUCK TO YOU!

how to break lock bits of 8051

use LB1,LB2,LB3...

89c52 fuse unlock

Hello all,

I've tried to make the little schem proposed before.

The 89C52 send some instructions on Terminal via RS-232 but the internal data can't be read!

I've tried several times with a 89S52 and two 89C52.

My problem is that the TXD output is dead on the chip so I want to retrieve the internal data to copy them in a new 89C52 and lock it after.

My work is to repair boards!

89c52 unlock fuse

dear bhaumik.. wher are u..?

any new findings. on this topic.?

rony miss u all

lock+8051

Build this programmer here:
**broken link removed**

Load the hex file (attached) in the 89S51/52, 89C51/52 or whatever you have.

Use a terminal program to view the menu.

I found that the delay is anywhere in the 13 - 18 range. If it does not work, the delay is not right or the chip is newer than 1998.

DON'T EVEN WASTE your time on an 89C51/52 with a date code higher than 1998!
It won't work.

Good Luck

lockbit 8051 atmel

johnsmith123 said:
Build this programmer here:
**broken link removed**

Load the hex file (attached) in the 89S51/52, 89C51/52 or whatever you have.

Use a terminal program to view the menu.

I found that the delay is anywhere in the 13 - 18 range. If it does not work, the delay is not right or the chip is newer than 1998.

DON'T EVEN WASTE your time on an 89C51/52 with a date code higher than 1998!
It won't work.

Good Luck

THANKS,
please give some more information. i think many would not understand the sentence like me -->" I found that the delay is anywhere in the 13 - 18 range."

please explain.

i think you are saying about the erase cycle..? and delays in tht..?

RONY.

lockbit 8051

ronydc said:
THANKS,
please give some more information. i think many would not understand the sentence like me -->" I found that the delay is anywhere in the 13 - 18 range."

please explain.

i think you are saying about the erase cycle..? and delays in tht..?

RONY.

Follow the instructions. When asked to enter the delay, enter it!

why wont 8051 erase

so tht was not ur creation.. ohh i thaught u urself made it....!!

thanks any way.

8051 Lock Bits

ANY ONE GOT ANY SUCCESS IN BRAKING LOCK BITS .?

KEEP THIS TOPIC ALIVE .. FRIENDS...!!!!

Re: 8051 Lock Bits

hi all. I find similar problem but i guess it's a little different since the lock isn't on the MCS51 I guess but on the board it self...here is the case...
I bought a board for at89s51 programing module included with the ISP cable an program...in the mean time i lost the program so its only the module and ISP cable left...this ISP cable not support ponyprog or AVR ISP program so I bought another ISP cable that i modify (the pin that ISP use and my module) so its connected properly...but

i foun some problem when i try to write my micro with AVR ISP program, an error message appear "the device is write lock/protected" so i suppose it's from the previous designer so I decide to buy another micro at89s51, but still the same message appear, I try another program like ponyprog and the message only change word like the device not responding...

my question is, is it possible to make a hardware lock so that not random program can write to the micro that put on this module? if it is possible how it is made, so i can remove it and make it work as I need it...
and if it is not possible then please explain why can't I writa the micro even I bought a new one from the shop that impossible write protected since its sell to be writed purpose...

Re: 8051 Lock Bits

i foun some problem when i try to write my micro with AVR ISP program, an error message appear "the device is write lock/protected" so i suppose it's from the previous designer so I decide to buy another micro at89s51, but still the same message appear, I try another program like ponyprog and the message only change word like the device not responding...

AVRISP does not support 89S51. It does support 89S53 which is totally different programming commands. I don't think ponyprog supports 89S51 either.

is it possible to make a hardware lock so that not random program can write to the micro that put on this module? if it is possible how it is made, so i can remove it and make it work as I need it...

the program didn't write anything to your 89S51 because the program does not support this chip.
If you want to disable ISP programming on your 89S51, just disconnect the SCK pin (p1.7 or pin eight) from the MCU to the ISP header connection or install a jumper.

please explain why can't I writa the micro even I bought a new one from the shop that impossible write protected since its sell to be writed purpose...

You need to get the right programmer! Try this one I did here:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/180513/
of course, you need to be able to program the code into any 8051 device you choose.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back